Norfolk learning event hailed a success
Sam EmanuelA special learning event in Norwich which included Bollywood dance, family history research and African drumming has been hailed a success.Sam Emanuel
A special learning event in Norwich which included Bollywood dance, family history research and African drumming has been hailed a success.
Norfolk's Learning Revolution, which gave hundreds of people the opportunity to engage in a range of informal learning activities across the county, ended with a celebration at The Forum.
The week included a popular Photo Revolution event, in which The Forum invited the public to submit a photograph in the theme of The Colours of Norwich and Norfolk.
More than 250 photographs were collected over the two days and loaded on to Fusion, The Forum's giant digital gallery. The inspiring montage can be seen at The Forum until the end of Saturday, April 3.
You may also want to watch:
The event was made possible by The Transformation Fund, the Government's �20m project to support informal adult learning.
Steve Carriage, who managed the project After Fusion, What Next?, said: 'One of project aims for The Forum Trust was to establish and strengthen relationships with other local organisations involved in community support and further learning and using The Forum as a hub for co-ordinated activities, work together in partnership to deliver informal learning benefits and opportunities to the community.
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
'Based on the great success of this evening and the last six months, this aim is well on its way to being realised for us and for others.'