Norfolk hospitals rated among the best
Steve DownesTwo Norfolk hospitals have been ranked among the best in Britain by their patients for many of their inpatient services.Steve Downes
Two Norfolk hospitals have been ranked among the best in Britain by their patients for many of their inpatient services.
Tens of thousands of patients took part in the 2009 Inpatients Survey - a benchmark of performance involving 162 acute and specialist NHS trusts.
The Care Quality Commission survey rated the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) at Colney among the top hospitals in the country for privacy and dignity and overall quality of care. A total of 499 adult in-patients at NNUH responded to the survey (a response rate of 60%) and were in-patients during 2009.
The survey put the trust in the top 20pc nationally for: overall quality of care; confidence and trust in the nursing staff; being treated with dignity and respect; privacy for patients when discussing their condition; staff explaining how an operation or procedure had gone; staff explaining what medication side effects to watch for; staff giving families or carers all the information they needed; low numbers of patients who wanted to complain about their care.
You may also want to watch:
The James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston was rated in the top 20pc for measures including: treatment and care; explanation of operations and procedures; cleanliness; infection control; safety; short waiting times; patient involvement in decisions about treatment; privacy and dignity; hospital food.
Nick Coveney, Director of nursing and patient services at the trust, said: 'We value patient feedback as it helps us to shape and improve the services we provide.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 7 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 8 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 9 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery