Norfolk gets new chief constable
Peter WalshNorfolk Constabulary has today announced a new chief constable following the departure of Ian McPherson at the end of last year.Peter Walsh
Norfolk Constabulary has today announced a new chief constable following the departure of Ian McPherson at the end of last year.
Stephen Bett, chairman of Norfolk Police Authority, revealed that a selection panel had appointed Phil Gormley to be the county's top officer.
Mr Gormley is currently serving in the West Midlands force as Deputy Chief Constable, a role he has held for the past three years.
For full story see tomorrow's paper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 2 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 3 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 4 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 5 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 7 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 8 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more