Norfolk gets new chief constable
Peter WalshNorfolk Constabulary has today announced a new chief constable following the departure of Ian McPherson at the end of last year.Peter Walsh
Norfolk Constabulary has today announced a new chief constable following the departure of Ian McPherson at the end of last year.
Stephen Bett, chairman of Norfolk Police Authority, revealed that a selection panel had appointed Phil Gormley to be the county's top officer.
Mr Gormley is currently serving in the West Midlands force as Deputy Chief Constable, a role he has held for the past three years.
For full story see tomorrow's paper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure