Norfolk Freemasons dig deep for appeal
The region's air ambulance has been given a �4,000 boost by Norfolk's Freemasons.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) wants to save more lives by improving its equipment and by starting to fly at night, but needs the public's fundraising support to be able to achieve these aims.
Now the Freemasons' Provincial Grand Lodge of Norfolk has donated �4,000 to the charity.
Norfolk Freemason's Provincial Grand Master John Rushmer said the �4,000 was part of a total of �192,000 being given to air ambulances across the country by the national Freemason's Grand Charity and brings the figure to more than �1m donated since 2007.
Mr Rushmer said: 'The National Air Ambulance Service had been one of the key charities supported by Freemasons for the past five years.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very impressed with the service improvements achieved by the EAAA which are so important in such a large county as Norfolk with is long coastline and scattered rural population.'
To back the charity, the Evening News launched its LifeSaver appeal, urging readers to help raise funds for two new baby ventilators, which will cost approximately �10,000 for both.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
You can tell the Evening News about any fundraising events supporting the appeal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques, made payable to the 'East Anglian Air Ambulance' can be sent to:
Norwich Evening News Appeal, East Anglian Air Ambulance, Hangar E, Gambling Close, Norwich Airport, Norwich NR6 6EG.
To hold an event, contact Norwich fundraiser Jess Downs on 01603 489406.