Norfolk fire engine in crash
Anthony CarrollThe Norfolk and Fire Rescue Service has launched an inquiry after a fire engine was involved in a crash with a car in a Broadland village.Anthony Carroll
The Norfolk and Fire Rescue Service has launched an inquiry after a fire engine was involved in a crash with a car in a Broadland village.
A senior officer from the service will be examining the circumstances of the crash in Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth, on Friday.
The crash involved a fire engine carrying a retained crew at Stalham and a silver Kia Sportage on the A149 at about 1.30pm.
The crew were on their way to a serious crash in the village when they were involved in the crash.
No one was hurt and the fire engine suffered minor damage to its front.
Fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said: 'There will now be a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the accident.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 4 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 7 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 8 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 9 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
The Stalham fire crew had been called to Repps with Bastwick after two cars were involved in an accident at about 12.45pm in which firefighters had to cut the roof off a vehicle to free a woman.
As well as a fire service investigation Norfolk police have also appealed for witnesses to the collision.
Police spokesman Jon Dack said: 'Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident.'
Anyone with information on the crash between the fire engine and the silver Kia Sportage should contact Sgt Chris Winter of the Acle road policing unit on 0845 4564567.