Norfolk fire and police to do battle in the boxing ring in aid of Norwich youngster
Firefighters will go head-to-head against Norfolk's police force in a bid to raise thousands of pounds for a city youngster.
Friends Melisa Neve and Leslie Mills have organised a charity boxing event to raise funds for little Daisy Ogston who suffers from a very rare and debilitating condition called Adams-Oliver Syndrome.
The youngster was born with major heart defects and is missing the front of her skull which could leave her brain-damaged or worse with a single blow to her head.
The charity boxing event will see 12 firefighters and 12 police officers go up against one another at the Hewett School in Cecil Road, Lakenham, on April 21, from 6pm. It is hoped �4,000 will be raised to buy a special bed.
One of the firefighters taking part, Kaine Challen, said he was touched by the response of his colleagues and members of the police.
You may also want to watch:
The 30-year-old from Queen's Hills, Costessey, who is based at Earlham fire station, said: 'I have been lucky enough to meet Daisy and what a beautiful brave little girl she is.
'We feel very privileged as a brigade to have been given the opportunity to help Daisy and her family.'
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash
The event is being hosted by Norwich Lads Boxing Club and sponsored by Premier Sport.
Guests will include boxers Sam Sexton, Jon Thaxton and Jackson Williams.
To make a donation or to support the event, email Mrs Neve on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you hosting an innovative fundraiser? Call Evening News reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com