A-ha! An Alan Partridge Party is coming to Norwich for Norfolk Day
- Credit: PA
He's a true Norfolk legend
The first ever Norfolk Day takes place this Friday and it wouldn't be a proper party without Alan Partridge.
From beer festivals to bell ringers, hundreds of events have been planned across the county to celebrate our bootiful county.
But the day would not be complete without recognition of Norfolk's number one ambassador Alan Partridge - played by comedy legend Steve Coogan.
On Friday night, The Waterfront in Norwich is hosting an Alan Partridge party with a whole host of Partridge-themed giveaways including masks.
You may also want to watch:
Some of Alan's favourite songs will also be played and there will be yellow and black balloons in celebration of Norfolk Day. The event runs from 10.30pm to 3am and will celebrate the much-loved Radio Norwich DJ.
I'm Alan Partridge ran from 1997 to 2002 and followed Coogan's character after he has been left by his wife and dropped from the BBC and reluctantly hosts a graveyard slot on local radio.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
The premiere to 2013 film Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa was held in Hollywood Cinema in Anglia Square.
Tickets to the event cost £3 before 11pm, £4 before 12pm, £5 before 1pm and £6 after 1am.