Norfolk community groups get cash boost
A village cinema and a skateboarding park are just some of the projects which were awarded a cash boost last month.
The Norfolk Community Foundation awarded Wicklewood Village Cinema a grant of �4,000 to fund cinema equipment for a regular village film service.
Weston Longville Village Hall is set to receive �2,000 towards equipment for a new play area and Taverham Parish Council was granted �5,000 to help develop an underused ball court into a skateboarding and BMX facility for young people.
The Hub Community Project in Wymondham, which supports parents and toddlers up to the age of three, was awarded �2,000 to support running costs and purchase new play equipment. The project includes a regular Saturday session for dad's and children.
Further afield, elderly people in the Holt area were helped through the Holt and District Day Centre which will receive �2,000 to help with the transport costs of bringing visitors in from outlying areas and ASD Helping Hands secured �1,000 towards setting up support groups in Thetford and Aylsham for families affected by Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Community groups have the chance to win a slice of �50,000 through Comic Relief and Evening News' Community Cash scheme. The deadline is March 18.
For more information, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk and click on Community Cash or call reporter Ben Woods on 01603 772439.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk