Norfolk community groups get cash boost
A village cinema and a skateboarding park are just some of the projects which were awarded a cash boost last month.
The Norfolk Community Foundation awarded Wicklewood Village Cinema a grant of �4,000 to fund cinema equipment for a regular village film service.
Weston Longville Village Hall is set to receive �2,000 towards equipment for a new play area and Taverham Parish Council was granted �5,000 to help develop an underused ball court into a skateboarding and BMX facility for young people.
The Hub Community Project in Wymondham, which supports parents and toddlers up to the age of three, was awarded �2,000 to support running costs and purchase new play equipment. The project includes a regular Saturday session for dad's and children.
Further afield, elderly people in the Holt area were helped through the Holt and District Day Centre which will receive �2,000 to help with the transport costs of bringing visitors in from outlying areas and ASD Helping Hands secured �1,000 towards setting up support groups in Thetford and Aylsham for families affected by Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
You may also want to watch:
Community groups have the chance to win a slice of �50,000 through Comic Relief and Evening News' Community Cash scheme. The deadline is March 18.
For more information, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk and click on Community Cash or call reporter Ben Woods on 01603 772439.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station