Norfolk cash machine thefts
David BalePolice have released CCTV images of two men they want to question in connection with a spate of distraction thefts at cash machines in the countyDavid Bale
Police have released CCTV images of two men they want to question in connection with a spate of distraction thefts at cash machines in the county.
The release of the images follows five separate incidents in Norwich, Thetford, Attleborough and Dereham.
In each case, the person withdrawing the money was approached and had pieces of paper waved in front of their faces to distract them.
A second suspect then removed the card from the ATM whilst the victim's attention was diverted and on three occasions a large amount of cash was subsequently withdrawn.
You may also want to watch:
A 72-year-old man was using a machine outside Morrisons supermarket in Station Road, Dereham between 11.45am and noon on Tuesday, April 27, when he was approached by a man waving a piece of paper in front of his face stating the machine was not working. The victim realised his card was missing and �500 was later taken from his account.
Meanwhile, shortly before 2.30pm on Monday, March 29, a 69-year-old woman was targeted outside Lloyds TSB Bank in Unthank Road, Norwich. The victim had �300 taken from her account.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 7 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 8 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 9 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
Earlier the same day, at around 1.40pm, a 66-year-old woman was distracted by two men as she tried to withdraw cash at the Lloyds TSB Bank in King Street, Thetford. The victim again had �300 taken from her account.
And shortly after 11.50am on Wednesday, February 24, an 85-year-old man was approached by two men while using a cash machine at Lloyds in Exchange Street, Attleborough.
Later the same day at around 1.15pm a 43-year-old woman was targeted outside the Halifax in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich. This is the incident during which the two men were captured on CCTV.
Officers would urge the public to remain vigilant and to be aware of people around them whilst using an ATM. Anyone with information should contact PC Lee Anderton at Fakenham police on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.