Norfolk cash machine thefts
David BalePolice have released CCTV images of two men they want to question in connection with a spate of distraction thefts at cash machines in the countyDavid Bale
Police have released CCTV images of two men they want to question in connection with a spate of distraction thefts at cash machines in the county.
The release of the images follows five separate incidents in Norwich, Thetford, Attleborough and Dereham.
In each case, the person withdrawing the money was approached and had pieces of paper waved in front of their faces to distract them.
A second suspect then removed the card from the ATM whilst the victim's attention was diverted and on three occasions a large amount of cash was subsequently withdrawn.
You may also want to watch:
A 72-year-old man was using a machine outside Morrisons supermarket in Station Road, Dereham between 11.45am and noon on Tuesday, April 27, when he was approached by a man waving a piece of paper in front of his face stating the machine was not working. The victim realised his card was missing and �500 was later taken from his account.
Meanwhile, shortly before 2.30pm on Monday, March 29, a 69-year-old woman was targeted outside Lloyds TSB Bank in Unthank Road, Norwich. The victim had �300 taken from her account.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
- 8 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
Earlier the same day, at around 1.40pm, a 66-year-old woman was distracted by two men as she tried to withdraw cash at the Lloyds TSB Bank in King Street, Thetford. The victim again had �300 taken from her account.
And shortly after 11.50am on Wednesday, February 24, an 85-year-old man was approached by two men while using a cash machine at Lloyds in Exchange Street, Attleborough.
Later the same day at around 1.15pm a 43-year-old woman was targeted outside the Halifax in Gentleman's Walk, Norwich. This is the incident during which the two men were captured on CCTV.
Officers would urge the public to remain vigilant and to be aware of people around them whilst using an ATM. Anyone with information should contact PC Lee Anderton at Fakenham police on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.