Norfolk butcher brings home the bacon
Anthony CarrollA Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.Anthony Carroll
A Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.
The Bradwell Butchery in Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth, has won the prize of best new flavour for its organic beer and black treacle cured bacon.
The Bring Home the Bacon award was handed out during the start of Bacon Connoisseur's Week on Monday which saw Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke tasting a wide selection of bacon from across the country.
Andrew Edmonds, owner of Bradwell Butchery, said: 'It is an honour to represent Yarmouth in this national competition and win this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
'It shows the rest of the country the quality of bacon we produce.'
Mr Du Beke said: 'Bradwell Butchery's bacon really stood out as something special. The mixture of beer and black treacle makes it a product that deserves recognition by all bacon connoisseurs.'
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 3 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
- 9 City road to be closed for three nights
- 10 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK