Norfolk butcher brings home the bacon
Anthony CarrollA Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.Anthony Carroll
A Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.
The Bradwell Butchery in Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth, has won the prize of best new flavour for its organic beer and black treacle cured bacon.
The Bring Home the Bacon award was handed out during the start of Bacon Connoisseur's Week on Monday which saw Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke tasting a wide selection of bacon from across the country.
Andrew Edmonds, owner of Bradwell Butchery, said: 'It is an honour to represent Yarmouth in this national competition and win this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
'It shows the rest of the country the quality of bacon we produce.'
Mr Du Beke said: 'Bradwell Butchery's bacon really stood out as something special. The mixture of beer and black treacle makes it a product that deserves recognition by all bacon connoisseurs.'
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals