Norfolk butcher brings home the bacon
Anthony CarrollA Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.Anthony Carroll
A Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.
The Bradwell Butchery in Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth, has won the prize of best new flavour for its organic beer and black treacle cured bacon.
The Bring Home the Bacon award was handed out during the start of Bacon Connoisseur's Week on Monday which saw Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke tasting a wide selection of bacon from across the country.
Andrew Edmonds, owner of Bradwell Butchery, said: 'It is an honour to represent Yarmouth in this national competition and win this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
'It shows the rest of the country the quality of bacon we produce.'
Mr Du Beke said: 'Bradwell Butchery's bacon really stood out as something special. The mixture of beer and black treacle makes it a product that deserves recognition by all bacon connoisseurs.'
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 4 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 5 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 6 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids