Norfolk butcher brings home the bacon
Anthony CarrollA Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.Anthony Carroll
A Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.
The Bradwell Butchery in Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth, has won the prize of best new flavour for its organic beer and black treacle cured bacon.
The Bring Home the Bacon award was handed out during the start of Bacon Connoisseur's Week on Monday which saw Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke tasting a wide selection of bacon from across the country.
Andrew Edmonds, owner of Bradwell Butchery, said: 'It is an honour to represent Yarmouth in this national competition and win this prestigious award.
'It shows the rest of the country the quality of bacon we produce.'
Mr Du Beke said: 'Bradwell Butchery's bacon really stood out as something special. The mixture of beer and black treacle makes it a product that deserves recognition by all bacon connoisseurs.'
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time