Norfolk butcher brings home the bacon
Anthony CarrollA Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.Anthony Carroll
A Norfolk butcher has bought home the bacon after winning a top award for the quality of its tasty rashers.
The Bradwell Butchery in Bradwell, near Great Yarmouth, has won the prize of best new flavour for its organic beer and black treacle cured bacon.
The Bring Home the Bacon award was handed out during the start of Bacon Connoisseur's Week on Monday which saw Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke tasting a wide selection of bacon from across the country.
Andrew Edmonds, owner of Bradwell Butchery, said: 'It is an honour to represent Yarmouth in this national competition and win this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
'It shows the rest of the country the quality of bacon we produce.'
Mr Du Beke said: 'Bradwell Butchery's bacon really stood out as something special. The mixture of beer and black treacle makes it a product that deserves recognition by all bacon connoisseurs.'
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 8 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 9 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m