Norfolk Broads plans revealed at meeting tonight
Stephen PullingerNorfolk Wildlife Trust is holding a public meeting at Upton Village Hall, at 7pm tonight to present its plans for the Bure Valley Living Landscape.Stephen Pullinger
Norfolk Wildlife Trust is holding a public meeting at Upton Village Hall, at 7pm tonight to present its plans for the Bure Valley Living Landscape.
The meeting will be an opportunity for local people to ask questions about the new area of land the Trust hopes to acquire, discover the work already taking place at NWT Upton Broad and marshes and talk to staff about plans for the future.
The Trust is hoping to buy three pieces of land around the county and has been running its biggest fundraising appeal since before Christmas. In the Broads, new land would connect NWT Upton Marshes and NWT Ranworth Broad to provide a more secure home for Norfolk's iconic swallowtail butterfly, otters and barn owls.
The other two areas of land are 20 hectares next to NWT Grimston Warren, which will be restored to a range of heathland habitats, benefitting nightjar and black darter dragonfly, and land at Hilgay in the Fens, which would create wetland habitats to benefit bearded tit, bittern and water vole.
Deputy director and head of nature reserves Matt Bradbury said: 'I hope that the Trust's ambitious plans for the marshes along the River Bure are of interest to the local community. To give wildlife a lasting future in the Bure Valley it is essential that local people understand and support our work. I look forward to meeting as many as possible.'
To make a donation to the Living Landscapes appeal and make a real difference to the future for Norfolk's wildlife: call 01603-625540, visit www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/donate or post a cheque made payable to Norfolk Wildlife Trust to: Norfolk Wildlife Trust, FREEPOST ANG20591, Bewick House, 22 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1ZW.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire