Joe Wicks 'thrilled' by Norfolk woman's gift which led to 500 messages
- Credit: Supplied by Nina Mae Fowler
Fitness guru Joe Wicks is a man rarely lost for words, but he was left speechless over a Norfolk artist's gift.
Nina Mae Fowler, 41, from Mattishall, first met Joe at his book tour when it came to Norwich in March and she thanked him for changing her life with his Body Coach programme.
But afterwards, the artist, who specialises in drawing and sculpture, regretted not giving him a gift.
Her chance came on Wednesday this week when PE on Tour came to the Sandringham Estate and she queued for hours to meet him.
She then handed him pencil drawings of his children Indie and Marley.
She said: "He was thrilled and I felt so happy as I wanted to thank him for how much I have benefited both physically and mentally from his plan."
Joe Wicks then shared the images on Instagram and she said it has "gone completely crazy", with 500 messages from people wanting portraits.
Joe was also touched by how his PE classes in lockdown has inspired her to do portraits with half the commission going to The Trussell Trust.
- 1 Van offering free burgers coming to Norwich city centre this weekend
- 2 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 3 Busy city road closed for gas works until late August
- 4 Mystery national firm moving into empty Norwich unit revealed
- 5 Keep it down! Prisoner rows causing 'mini riots' in quiet estate
- 6 5 chart-topping acts heading to Norwich later this year
- 7 Two-bed period cottage with balcony overlooking walled garden for sale
- 8 7 closed restaurants in Norwich which are missed the most
- 9 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 10 Troublesome 40ft trees have 'wrecked' frustrated woman's garden
She has since raised more than £20,000 for food banks.