Young Norfolk angler lands 30lbs carp
- Credit: Archant
A young Norfolk angler made a significant catch last week when he landed the first 30lb carp of the season at the Bridge Inn Fishery in Lenwade.
Harry Catton, 17, of North Walsham, also caught three other carp weighing from 17lb to 21lb on his overnight fishing session on March 14 and 15.
Clive Dobinson, a bailif at the Bridge Inn Fishery, said his largest fish weighed 31lb and described it as a significant catch so early in the year.
He said: 'Harry made a really good catch and he needs to be congratulated.
'In a whole year only three or four 30lbs plus carp will be caught.
You may also want to watch:
'To make a catch like this so early in the year and in this weather is worth celebrating.'
Mr Dobinson said the main lake at the Bridge Inn Fishery had a newly designed match lake for hire at £60 to clubs for matches as well as day tickets.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 6 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 7 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
'It has been stocked with 300 carp and also has Bream, Tench along with a massive head of 'silvers'.'