Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors
Dan GrimmerThe county's main hospital remains closed to visitors due to the spread of a winter vomiting bug.Dan Grimmer
The county's main hospital remains closed to visitors due to the spread of a winter vomiting bug.
People are being asked not to visit the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital unless it is absolutely necessary and until the restrictions are reviewed later this week.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however even after the symptoms have cleared up people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours