Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors
Dan GrimmerThe county's main hospital remains closed to visitors due to the spread of a winter vomiting bug.Dan Grimmer
The county's main hospital remains closed to visitors due to the spread of a winter vomiting bug.
People are being asked not to visit the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital unless it is absolutely necessary and until the restrictions are reviewed later this week.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however even after the symptoms have cleared up people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 3 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 4 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich