Norwich-based physiotherapist gears up to run London Marathon
- Credit: Sarah Cullum
A Norwich physiotherapist has signed up to run the Virgin London Marathon this year with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Sarah Cullum, 27 from Mulbarton watched the London Marathon four years ago and decided to set a goal that within five years she would run a marathon.
Miss Cullum previously ran a half marathon and from that, decided 2018 was the year she would run the London Marathon.
She said, 'I knew I wanted to run it for Cystic Fibrosis Trust (CFT), one of my friends has the condition and it is awful. The trust can offer support and research into new treatments.
'I didn't get a ballot place for the marathon, but I did get a place to run directly for CFT. Some people know I'm running it and people I'm not as close to are often quite surprised when I tell them but then they get quite excited. I've had some good support from everyone.'
'I usually run on my own, but I've been enjoying getting involved with parkrun. As a physiotherapist I have treated many adults and children with the condition and have seen the daily challenges they face.'
Miss Cullum set a donation target of £2,500 and has almost reached half way. She will be holding fundraising challenges and events to help raise the rest of the money.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
Beverley Burnham-Jones, head of community giving and events at the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, said: 'We would very much like to thank Sarah for taking part this year and raising money for our cause as her hard efforts will certainly help us in our mission to fund research into Cystic Fibrosis and campaign to improve the lives of those with this terrible life shortening condition.
'The London Marathon is a fantastic event that is hugely important to us at the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and we wish Sarah all the best on the day.'
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust funds cutting edge care and supports people with the condition and their loved ones every step of the way.
To help support the development of treatments, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/cullumrunslondon