Nominate our sporting heroes for this year’s Norfolk Sports Awards
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Our county is filled with talented sportsmen and women and those who dedicate their time to developing grass-root opportunities.
And now is the time to give those who make sport in Norfolk fantastic their moment to shine.
Nominations for the ninth Norfolk Sports Awards have opened today.
Hosted by Active Norfolk, in partnership with the Eastern Daily Press and BBC Radio Norfolk, the awards celebrate the cream of Norfolk's sporting achievement and service, ranging from the county's high performers to sporty schools and from active workplaces to volunteers who dedicate their time to improve sports participation and provision.
There are 12 categories and all of the winners will be put forward for the prestigious 'winner of winners' title.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Jones, director of Active Norfolk, said: 'We want you to tell us about your Norfolk sporting heroes, sporting role models and your sporting inspirations – whether they are world champions or just the pride of your community. We want as many nominations as possible, from as many sports as possible, from athletics to water-skiing, and from bowls to yachting. Sporty schools and sporty workplaces, volunteers and coaches – we want to know who you think deserves to be honoured.'
The categories are: female sports personality of the year, male sports personality of the year, young sports personality of the year, volunteer coach of the year, high performance coach of the year, BBC Unsung Hero, services to disability sport, sports team of the year, community club of the year, sporting village of the year, sporting school of the year and sporting business of the year.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at The Forum, Norwich, on November 11.
To nominate your sporting hero, go to www.activenorfolk.org/sportsawards.
Are you celebrating Norfolk's talent? Email email@example.com