Nominate charities to be supported by Norwich’s Sportspark
Calls are being made for members of the public to nominate good causes to which a sports centre can donate funds.
The Sportspark's Charity Spinner campaign saw the UK's largest indoor sports venue raise �38,000 for local charities and self-help groups last year.
Funds are raised by inviting customers to pick up a copy of the Norwich Evening News or its sister paper, the Eastern Daily Press, in exchange for a small donation.
Each month the 'spinner' is emptied and a different charity is presented with the proceeds.
As the Charity Spinner Campaign enters its third year, customers are being asked to suggest worthy causes.
You may also want to watch:
Sportspark's director Phil Steele said: 'Sportspark supports anyone who wants to get active and increase their participation in sport.
'We provide outstanding sporting facilities, so it is only right that every member of our local community, whether living with an illness or disability, can enjoy them.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
'We have chosen to support local groups who wish to help their members keep active, as well as charities which are important to our regular customers.
'For that reason, we would like to offer our customers, and the local community, to nominate the charities that we support this year. Please do get in touch with us with your suggestions.'
The Sportspark, pictured left, based at the University of East Anglia, welcomes some 1.35 million visitors every year.
Its latest round of the Charity Spinner Campaign will go live from October 8.
Mr Steele added: 'I would like to thank all of our customers for their generosity and donations over the past two years. The local community has continued to show fantastic support for the charitable projects that we've been involved with.'
To nominate a charity, email firstname.lastname@example.org.