NNF11 City Academy review: Ragtime Tea Dance
During the festival Norwich City Academy students will be reviewing some of the top events for the Evening News. They will then be holding an awards ceremony at the end of the festival called the Children's Choice Awards.
Ragtime Tea Dance – Sunday 8th May
We had a red-carpet into the Tea Dance, which was hall set up in Chapelfield Gardens. There was a great atmosphere in the venue. The Bee Knees (who were comically dressed as bumblebees!) demonstrated how to do the Swing, Jive and Charleston, and encouraged everyone to get on the dance floor. Before we knew what we were doing, we were all dancing the Charleston, with jazz hands. Truly brilliant afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 6 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 7 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
Walking in with the 1940s music playing, we knew this was going to be an experience. There was a great atmosphere as professional dancers showed us all how to jive and waltz. After dancing for an hour, there was tea and cakes –very traditional but a welcome refreshment. The overall experience was amazing!
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office