NNF11 City Academy review: Ragtime Tea Dance
During the festival Norwich City Academy students will be reviewing some of the top events for the Evening News. They will then be holding an awards ceremony at the end of the festival called the Children's Choice Awards.
Ragtime Tea Dance – Sunday 8th May
We had a red-carpet into the Tea Dance, which was hall set up in Chapelfield Gardens. There was a great atmosphere in the venue. The Bee Knees (who were comically dressed as bumblebees!) demonstrated how to do the Swing, Jive and Charleston, and encouraged everyone to get on the dance floor. Before we knew what we were doing, we were all dancing the Charleston, with jazz hands. Truly brilliant afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
Walking in with the 1940s music playing, we knew this was going to be an experience. There was a great atmosphere as professional dancers showed us all how to jive and waltz. After dancing for an hour, there was tea and cakes –very traditional but a welcome refreshment. The overall experience was amazing!
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office