NNF11 City Academy review: Ragtime Tea Dance
During the festival Norwich City Academy students will be reviewing some of the top events for the Evening News. They will then be holding an awards ceremony at the end of the festival called the Children's Choice Awards.
Ragtime Tea Dance – Sunday 8th May
We had a red-carpet into the Tea Dance, which was hall set up in Chapelfield Gardens. There was a great atmosphere in the venue. The Bee Knees (who were comically dressed as bumblebees!) demonstrated how to do the Swing, Jive and Charleston, and encouraged everyone to get on the dance floor. Before we knew what we were doing, we were all dancing the Charleston, with jazz hands. Truly brilliant afternoon.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 4 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 5 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 6 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 7 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 8 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 9 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 10 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
Walking in with the 1940s music playing, we knew this was going to be an experience. There was a great atmosphere as professional dancers showed us all how to jive and waltz. After dancing for an hour, there was tea and cakes –very traditional but a welcome refreshment. The overall experience was amazing!
• NNF11 runs from May 6 to 21. You can book online at www.nnfestvial.org.uk/nnf11, by phone on 01603 766400 or at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office