Nineteen arrests made in Norwich drugs operation
Jon WelchNorfolk police have made 19 arrests as part of an operation to target the supply of drugs and handling of stolen goods.Jon Welch
Norfolk police have made 19 arrests as part of an operation to target the supply of drugs and handling of stolen goods.
A team of officers from tactical units, CID, response, drugs dogs and officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team have been involved in executing search warrants following a three-month undercover investigation.
The operations, codenamed Kiwi and Sharp, led to arrests for offences of conspiracy to supply controlled drugs and handling stolen goods.
On Monday Deland Payne, 23, of Clay Avenue, London, was charged with possession with intent to supply and bailed for sentencing, having pleaded guilty. Two men in their 50s from Long Stratton and Norwich were arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and bailed pending further enquires.
On Tuesday, four people were arrested and charged with conspiracy to supply: Paul Jolly, 37, of Churchman Road, Norwich, and Colin Hughes, 45, of Palmer Close, Norwich, who were remanded in custody; Paula Chapman, 24, of George Winter Court, Norwich, who was bailed to reside out of the county, and John Paul Chapman, 24, also of George Winter Court, who was remanded in custody.
On Wednesday, the following appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court, all charged with conspiracy to supply Class 'A' drugs:
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 7 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 8 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
Gavin Triggs, 32, of Heathgate, Norwich; Andrea Clarke, 39, also of Heathgate, and Adam Buckenham, 40, of Thorpe Road, Norwich, who were remanded; and Emma Marshall, 23, of Catton Grove Road, Norwich, who was released on bail.
A 38-year-old man from the Norwich area and his wife, 41, were bailed pending further inquiries.
On Thursday, the following appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court, charged with conspiracy to supply Class 'A' drugs: Leazette Fox, 30, of Woodcock Close, Norwich; and Kelly Hume, 35, of Douro Place, Norwich, who were released on bail; and Christopher Watcham, 50, of Globe Place, Norwich, who was remanded in custody. Ojay Denny, 19, of Kyverdale Road, London, was charged with the supply of controlled drugs and remanded.
Yesterday a 22-year-old man from the London and a 42-year-old man from Norwich were in custody at Bethel Street police station, being interviewed in relation to conspiracy to supply controlled drugs.
Det Insp Stuart Armes said: 'We are still seeking other persons in relation to conspiracy to supply controlled drugs and we urge the communities to work with us.'
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call reporter Jon Welch on 01603 772476 or email email@example.com