Nimmo Twins to open Laugh in the Park with only Norwich date in 2018
- Credit: Dave Guttridge The Photographic
The much loved Norfolk comedy duo will be making their only appearance in Norwich of 2018 when the comedy festival returns to Chapelfield Gardens in July.
Norfolk comedy duo the Nimmo Twins are set to open this summer's Laugh in the Park festival in Norwich.
After their 20th anniversary shows at Norwich Theatre Royal and Norwich Playhouse last year, the duo — Kark Minns and Owen Evans, have confimed they will be making their only Norwich live appearance of 2018 on the opening night of the annual festival in Chapelfield Gardens. The duo will have another date elsewhere in Norfolk with details to be announced later.
As much a part of Norfolk life as the Canaries, Norwich City Centre traffic jams, and the Puppet Man (who they have been known to pay homage to), the Nimmo Twins are a Norfolk institution.
Their Laugh in the Park appearance on July 26 will no doubt feature songs, monologues and sketches, plus some of their favourite characters, including The Council, She Go, Anne and Billy Boy. It will be another sideways look at life in Nelson's County.
The duo will be introduced by another Norfolk comedian Tim Fitzhigham who will host the opening night. The multi-talented adventurer, gambler, Spirit Of The Fringe award winner, author and raconteur, is a Norfolk based eccentric known and loved for his crazy escapades and hilarious storytelling.
Also confirmed fot the festival are Jarred Christmas, Felicity Ward, The Raymond and Mr Timpkins Revue, who will appear on July 27, together with another act to be confirmed.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time
Reginald D. Hunter will headline on July 29. Other acts for that date and those for July 28 are still to be announced.
• Tickets for Laugh in the Park are already on sale, priced £20 per night. Book at Laugh in the Park