A night of wild comedy with Brendon Burns – just not in a zoo
- Credit: Steve Ullathorne
The award-winning comic, who last year performed in the unlikely setting of Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens, will headline the latest Red Card Comedy night in Norwich.
Australian stand-up Brendon Burns is known for his wild comedy but he took it to unusual lengths last year when he performed at Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens.
Burns took to touring anything but traditional comedy venues: from zoos to libraries, from old indie music venues to comic book stores, with his show Black Comedian, addressing black/white relations in his home country of Australia.
Now he is set to return to the region in the rather more conventional surroundings of Red Card Comedy Club at Carrow Road.
He will headline the next of the monthly Norwich comedy nights on April 27 on the bill that also includes Nigel Ng, Phil Jerrod as well as long-time Red Card host and compere John Mann.
Burns, who also hosts the hugely popular podcast The Brendon Burns Show, will no doubt be drawing on his latest solo show Mansplainin', which sees him addressing the thorny issue of gender politics post-Harvey Weinstein and the various men who have been brought down in his wake.
Nigel Ng grew up in Malaysia and lived in America for five years where he started his comedy career before moving to the UK in 2015.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 4 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 5 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 6 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 7 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 8 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 9 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 10 Thief stole £300 from hotel and assaulted shop worker
Phil Jerrod sports a huge beard, wears sloppy cardigans and his straightforward observational comedy is hailed as masterful by comedy critics.
• Red Card Comedy is at Carrow Road, Norwich, on April 27, 8.30pm, £14 (£1.40 booking fee), 0844 8261902, redcardcomedyclub.com