Nice ride for Lowestoft Olympic Games boxing hopeful
An Olympic hopeful became the proud owner of a new coupe thanks to his boxing prowess.
Anthony Ogogo, 22, was this week given the new BMW 1 Series coupe this week by authorised car dealership Cooper Norwich on Dereham Road.
The Commonwealth Games silver medallist's new wheels have come about because of BMW's sponsorship of the games, and Mr Ogogo beat six other applicants to the car, which he will have during the Olympic year.
Mr Ogogo, who lives in Lowestoft and trains at the Triple A Boxing Club, explained that after applying and coming in for a chat at the dealership he found out he had been chosen for the 146bhp machine in the summer.
He said he still couldn't quite believe it, and said it was a nice a boost after injury difficulties that saw him have shoulder operation last week, adding: 'It's amazing. I was just walking around taken aback by all the cars and when the salesman pointed to mine I thought he was joking. 'It's great, and I've had a massive grin on my face all day.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ogogo will have the car over the duration of the Olympic year.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?