Nice ride for Lowestoft Olympic Games boxing hopeful
An Olympic hopeful became the proud owner of a new coupe thanks to his boxing prowess.
Anthony Ogogo, 22, was this week given the new BMW 1 Series coupe this week by authorised car dealership Cooper Norwich on Dereham Road.
The Commonwealth Games silver medallist's new wheels have come about because of BMW's sponsorship of the games, and Mr Ogogo beat six other applicants to the car, which he will have during the Olympic year.
Mr Ogogo, who lives in Lowestoft and trains at the Triple A Boxing Club, explained that after applying and coming in for a chat at the dealership he found out he had been chosen for the 146bhp machine in the summer.
He said he still couldn't quite believe it, and said it was a nice a boost after injury difficulties that saw him have shoulder operation last week, adding: 'It's amazing. I was just walking around taken aback by all the cars and when the salesman pointed to mine I thought he was joking. 'It's great, and I've had a massive grin on my face all day.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ogogo will have the car over the duration of the Olympic year.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey