Next Big Thing final this Sunday
Kim Briscoe It was a tough choice, but the judges of the region's hottest bands competition have selected the last three acts to make it though to the final.
It was a tough choice, but the judges of the region's hottest bands competition have selected the last three acts to make it though to the final.
Six acts battled it out last night at the second semi-final of Future Radio's Next Big Thing competition.
Adele Swallow, Killamonjambo and Rigo Jancsi had already secured their places in the final.
The three acts joining them will be i am error, Ed Sheeran and The Moo. Fever Fever, Gravemind and Guidopops also performed at last night's semi final.
Judge David Powles said: “The quality of acts last night was outstanding and to be honest all six bands deserved a place in the final.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 3 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 8 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
“All the judges are really happy though with the six acts chosen for the final in two weeks and it should be a really great night.”
Supported by the Evening News and sister paper The Eastern Daily Press, the competition's first prize includes £750 of products from Professional Music Technology (PMT), a recording contract with NR One Records, a £250 cash prize with business advice from Access to Music Norwich, and a studio package with Future Studios.
Tickets for final, at the UEA on Sunday, November 9, are £5 advance and are available from the UEA box office on 01603 508050.
Tune in to Future Radio 96.9FM for more details as they are released, or listen online at www.futureradio.co.uk
For the best local gig listings guide or to see which band is playing near you see Going Out every Friday in the Evening News or log onto www.eveningnews24.co.uk and check out the What's On section
Do you have a story about music in Norwich? Contact reporter Kim Briscoe on 01603 772419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org