New women’s group starts successfully in Norwich city centre
A new women's support group has recently got up and running in the city centre.
The Right To Be You, which is a free 'friendship and support' group, is holding meetings on the first Sunday of each month at the Hotel Nelson on Prince of Wales Road, in the downstairs restaurant.
It is a confidential, non-judgemental group that welcomes all ages of women irrespective of status or sexuality.
The group is led by former nurse and care worker Sylve Provot, she said: 'It went very well. The point was to just be ourselves and there was a lot of laughter so we really enjoyed it.
'One of the things I wanted was for people to exchange skills to help each other and we had one lady called Beatrice, who is Spanish, who wants to learn English so one of the other ladies are going to help her.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to attend the group's future meetings please call 07508 067775.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 9 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 10 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders