New women’s group starts successfully in Norwich city centre
A new women's support group has recently got up and running in the city centre.
The Right To Be You, which is a free 'friendship and support' group, is holding meetings on the first Sunday of each month at the Hotel Nelson on Prince of Wales Road, in the downstairs restaurant.
It is a confidential, non-judgemental group that welcomes all ages of women irrespective of status or sexuality.
The group is led by former nurse and care worker Sylve Provot, she said: 'It went very well. The point was to just be ourselves and there was a lot of laughter so we really enjoyed it.
'One of the things I wanted was for people to exchange skills to help each other and we had one lady called Beatrice, who is Spanish, who wants to learn English so one of the other ladies are going to help her.'
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to attend the group's future meetings please call 07508 067775.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station