New Turkish restaurant looks to open in Norwich
- Credit: PA
A new Turkish restaurant and takeaway is set to open in Norwich after a licensing application was submitted to the council.
The restaurant, called Mr Mangal, has applied to Norwich City Council to operate in the former KFC branch on Dereham Road, opposite Wilco Motor Spares.
The application, submitted on behalf of owner Huseyin Cetin, states: 'Mr Huseyin Cetin has successfully run a take-away business for a number of years has now sold this business operating from North Walsham to concentrate on running his new business to be known as Mr Mangal, a Turkish restaurant and takeaway.
'He is mindful of his obligations to staff, customers, and local residents who may be affected by the operation of the business. The restaurant and takeaway will be adequately staffed so as to allow for the proper management of the premises. The premises is monitored both internally and externally via CCTV to prevent anti-social behaviour and all staff will be trained and aware of licensing laws.'
The restaurant and takeaway wants to open from 11am to 11pm and the application states that 'alcohol sales will only take place in the permitted hours specified and this application is for alcohol to be consumed on the premises in the restaurant and off the premises in conjunction with take-away meals.'
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public have until October 16 to comment on the application.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 10 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job