New support group for mums in Norwich
A Norwich mother has set up a group for mums which meets in the city centre.
More than 14 local mums already go along to the group's meetings, which provide help and support for local parents and new mums.
The group, which had its first official meeting this week and is planned to meet monthly in different locations, was set up by Melanie Walker seven months ago after the birth of her son Hunter, who is nearly eight months old.
Miss Walker, 26, who lives off Dereham Road, said: 'I go to a local church group for mums, but there didn't seem to be a general group for mums in Norwich city.
'None of my friends have children and from my point of view it's nice to meet people who have got babies and children.
You may also want to watch:
'It's nice to find out you're not the only person with a baby who doesn't get any sleep at night.
'For some mums, it isn't until you go to play group that they start to meet other mums. We also welcome pregnant women who want to meet other mums before they give birth and if they want some help and advice beforehand.'
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Veterans plan alternative Remembrance Service after council's is cancelled
New members interested in joining can visit www.netmums.comcoffeehousegroups or email Melanie Walker directly at email@example.com
Do you have as story? Contact reporter Kim Briscoe on 01603 772419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.