New Sri Lankan restaurant opening in city next week
- Credit: Isuru Wickrama
A new restaurant serving Sri Lankan street food is opening next week in Norwich.
Cheese Kottu, in Catton Grove Road, will be opening on Tuesday November 2 in the late morning.
Owner Isuru Wickrama, 28, said: "There currently isn't a Sri Lankan restaurant in Norwich so I thought it was a great opportunity to start this business.
"Sri Lankan food is very different to Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine so it will be nice to offer something different.
"One of our signature dishes is the cheese kottu, which was the inspiration for our name."
Cheese kottu is a dish of fried roti with shredded cabbage, carrot alongside cheese, egg and often chicken. This is then topped with a curry sauce.
The new restaurant will be offering takeaways as well as dining-in.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 4 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 5 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 6 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 7 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 8 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 9 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 10 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
"We have already got lots of people waiting to come and try our food. The site is good for us now but hopefully next year will be able to open another restaurant as well."