New cafe to open in Norwich suburb
- Credit: Archant
A refurbished storage area in a park is going to open as a new cafe on Good Friday.
The Sir George Morse Park cafe will open on Friday, April 19, near to the Morse Pavilion in Thorpe St Andrew.
Soon to feature a breakfast bar and indoor seating, the building had formerly been used as a storage area for football teams, and is currently in the final stages of refurbishment.
Kate Raven from Nanny's Cakes said: 'The café space has exceeded all expectations and the transformation has been incredible. The builder Clive Pilgrim and town council have done a great job in such a short time.
'I cannot wait to be serving homemade cakes, hot food, drinks, and ice cream to the community from our new home.'
You may also want to watch:
The park is also set for an investment of more than £49,000 in play equipment.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space