New cafe to open in Norwich suburb
- Credit: Archant
A refurbished storage area in a park is going to open as a new cafe on Good Friday.
The Sir George Morse Park cafe will open on Friday, April 19, near to the Morse Pavilion in Thorpe St Andrew.
Soon to feature a breakfast bar and indoor seating, the building had formerly been used as a storage area for football teams, and is currently in the final stages of refurbishment.
Kate Raven from Nanny's Cakes said: 'The café space has exceeded all expectations and the transformation has been incredible. The builder Clive Pilgrim and town council have done a great job in such a short time.
'I cannot wait to be serving homemade cakes, hot food, drinks, and ice cream to the community from our new home.'
You may also want to watch:
The park is also set for an investment of more than £49,000 in play equipment.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 3 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 7 Neighbours left shocked by fatal stabbing in 'quiet neighbourhood'
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Man hiding in bathroom arrested after police find drugs at city home
- 10 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich