New riverside café and bistro comes to Brundall
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A district nurse has opened a new café and bistro in Brundall.
Sophie Hodgkinson, 36, started the business venture on the marina in a bid to give the community a place to eat, socialise and shop for gifts and clothing.
The new mum had the idea to open the café when on maternity leave with her 19-month-old William.
Now she and pilot husband John and business partner Jamie Podgers, both 32, are serving lunches by day and evening meal from Thursday to Saturday.
Mrs Hodgkinson, of West End Avenue, Brundall, said: 'Being a new mum I thought Brundall needs somewhere where people like me can meet up with friends and socialise with others.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of people have said it's just what Brundall needs and we have had people return already.'
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 3 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 4 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 5 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 8 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 9 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 10 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced