New riverside café and bistro comes to Brundall
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A district nurse has opened a new café and bistro in Brundall.
Sophie Hodgkinson, 36, started the business venture on the marina in a bid to give the community a place to eat, socialise and shop for gifts and clothing.
The new mum had the idea to open the café when on maternity leave with her 19-month-old William.
Now she and pilot husband John and business partner Jamie Podgers, both 32, are serving lunches by day and evening meal from Thursday to Saturday.
Mrs Hodgkinson, of West End Avenue, Brundall, said: 'Being a new mum I thought Brundall needs somewhere where people like me can meet up with friends and socialise with others.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of people have said it's just what Brundall needs and we have had people return already.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 3 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 10 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in