New pop-up shop to help vulnerable children and families
- Credit: ACTION FOR CHILDREN
A children's charity is opening a pop-up shop to celebrate the year the organisation was founded.
Action for Children is launching the business venture - which will sell brand new and sample designer items - on Friday, August 10.
The pop-up store will be based in Norwich's Castle Mall shopping centre.
Action for Children helps disadvantaged children across the UK.
It helps more than 300,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year through its children's centres.
You may also want to watch:
The charity was formed in 1869, which inspired the pop-up shop name -1869 Norwich.
Lisa Nicholson, Action for Children senior retail and partnerships manager, said: 'Every single purchase will go towards helping vulnerable and disadvantaged children, often in desperate situations.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
The shop will be open Tuesday – Sunday from 9.30am – 5pm and Thursday from 10am – 6.30pm.