New pop-up shop to help vulnerable children and families
- Credit: ACTION FOR CHILDREN
A children's charity is opening a pop-up shop to celebrate the year the organisation was founded.
Action for Children is launching the business venture - which will sell brand new and sample designer items - on Friday, August 10.
The pop-up store will be based in Norwich's Castle Mall shopping centre.
Action for Children helps disadvantaged children across the UK.
It helps more than 300,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year through its children's centres.
You may also want to watch:
The charity was formed in 1869, which inspired the pop-up shop name -1869 Norwich.
Lisa Nicholson, Action for Children senior retail and partnerships manager, said: 'Every single purchase will go towards helping vulnerable and disadvantaged children, often in desperate situations.'
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 10 Norwich artist 'complimented' as thieves nick four of his paintings
The shop will be open Tuesday – Sunday from 9.30am – 5pm and Thursday from 10am – 6.30pm.