New pop-up shop to help vulnerable children and families
- Credit: ACTION FOR CHILDREN
A children's charity is opening a pop-up shop to celebrate the year the organisation was founded.
Action for Children is launching the business venture - which will sell brand new and sample designer items - on Friday, August 10.
The pop-up store will be based in Norwich's Castle Mall shopping centre.
Action for Children helps disadvantaged children across the UK.
It helps more than 300,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year through its children's centres.
The charity was formed in 1869, which inspired the pop-up shop name -1869 Norwich.
Lisa Nicholson, Action for Children senior retail and partnerships manager, said: 'Every single purchase will go towards helping vulnerable and disadvantaged children, often in desperate situations.'
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
The shop will be open Tuesday – Sunday from 9.30am – 5pm and Thursday from 10am – 6.30pm.