New pop-up shop to help vulnerable children and families
- Credit: ACTION FOR CHILDREN
A children's charity is opening a pop-up shop to celebrate the year the organisation was founded.
Action for Children is launching the business venture - which will sell brand new and sample designer items - on Friday, August 10.
The pop-up store will be based in Norwich's Castle Mall shopping centre.
Action for Children helps disadvantaged children across the UK.
It helps more than 300,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year through its children's centres.
The charity was formed in 1869, which inspired the pop-up shop name -1869 Norwich.
Lisa Nicholson, Action for Children senior retail and partnerships manager, said: 'Every single purchase will go towards helping vulnerable and disadvantaged children, often in desperate situations.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 9 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
The shop will be open Tuesday – Sunday from 9.30am – 5pm and Thursday from 10am – 6.30pm.