New opportunities to get fit in Norwich
Kim BriscoeThe city's Sportspark is launching two new exercise groups to encourage people to try something new this year.Kim Briscoe
The city's Sportspark is launching two new exercise groups to encourage people to try something new this year.
The first course at the Sportspark, at the University of East Anglia, starts today and will continue for 10 weeks.
The New Year New You Sports Challenge has been devised to allow participants to try a different sport each week to put their fitness ability and skills to the test.
The sessions will include circuit training, badminton, swimming, volleyball, Tai Bo, short tennis, aerobics, climbing, archery and yoga.
You may also want to watch:
The mixture of team sports, individual activities, holistic therapies and endurance testers are aimed at helping people improve fitness, lose weight, tone up, increase strength, relieve stress and improve co-ordination.
The entire 10-week course costs �46 for Sportscard holders and �53 for non-Sportspark members, who will also have to pay an entrance fee of 60p. The course runs every Thursday, except Thursday, February 18, from 7pm to 8.20pm.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
The second course is a Jogging Club, which starts today and will continue for six weeks.
Sportspark Jogging Club is aimed specifically at people who are new to jogging, and who want to improve their health, lose weight and get fit.
Based around Earlham Park, the weekly sessions are a fun and safe way to get involved with jogging.
Sportspark Jogging Club is open to everyone over the age of 16 and will run from Thursday, January 14, until Thursday, February 18, from 1pm to 1.40pm. It costs �15 for a non-Sportscard holder, �10 for a Sportscard holder and �5 for an educational card holder.
More information about the classes and activities is available by contacting Sportspark reception on 01603 592 398 or visiting www.sportspark.co.uk.