New opportunities to get fit in Norwich
Kim BriscoeThe city's Sportspark is launching two new exercise groups to encourage people to try something new this year.Kim Briscoe
The city's Sportspark is launching two new exercise groups to encourage people to try something new this year.
The first course at the Sportspark, at the University of East Anglia, starts today and will continue for 10 weeks.
The New Year New You Sports Challenge has been devised to allow participants to try a different sport each week to put their fitness ability and skills to the test.
The sessions will include circuit training, badminton, swimming, volleyball, Tai Bo, short tennis, aerobics, climbing, archery and yoga.
The mixture of team sports, individual activities, holistic therapies and endurance testers are aimed at helping people improve fitness, lose weight, tone up, increase strength, relieve stress and improve co-ordination.
The entire 10-week course costs �46 for Sportscard holders and �53 for non-Sportspark members, who will also have to pay an entrance fee of 60p. The course runs every Thursday, except Thursday, February 18, from 7pm to 8.20pm.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
The second course is a Jogging Club, which starts today and will continue for six weeks.
Sportspark Jogging Club is aimed specifically at people who are new to jogging, and who want to improve their health, lose weight and get fit.
Based around Earlham Park, the weekly sessions are a fun and safe way to get involved with jogging.
Sportspark Jogging Club is open to everyone over the age of 16 and will run from Thursday, January 14, until Thursday, February 18, from 1pm to 1.40pm. It costs �15 for a non-Sportscard holder, �10 for a Sportscard holder and �5 for an educational card holder.
More information about the classes and activities is available by contacting Sportspark reception on 01603 592 398 or visiting www.sportspark.co.uk.