New Norwich comedy club to open next month
Bosses of a new Norwich nightclub which will bring a famous comedy brand, DJs and karaoke to the city next month say it will be like nothing the city has seen before .
The new �2m club Project, which has created 75 jobs, is hoping to hit the ground running with a series of launch parties and gigs at the end of next month.
A VIP launch is planned on February 24 where top rap artist Professor Green and Kiss 100 DJ EZ will be performing. It will be followed by a weekend where big names in the music industry will visit the city.
Project is set to open on the former Riverside Lava/Ignite nightclub site.
The new club is owned by the national entertainment chain Luminar Leisure brand which previously owned the Liquid nightclub on Prince of Wales Road. Stephen Lynn, head of brand for Luminar Leisure said: 'We have been in Norwich previously, but we have been away for a number of years and we have been looking for a chance to come back.
'Norwich was a great destination for us to do that. When we came back we wanted to do it properly. We have come back with everything we've got.'
An under-18 night called Love Social will be held on February 23 before the official launch on February 24.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 8 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 9 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 10 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
Radio 1's Greg James is performing a set at Indie night Propoganda on February 25 and on Saturday 26 there will be a Kiss radio launch party with the popular Kiss 100 radio station breakfast show hosts.
The famous Jongleurs comedy night will hold its first gig on March 4 and will run every Friday and Saturday night from 7pm.
Go Go Karaoke has four private luxury booths which hold between five and 15 people.
'Project is going to be a club of the future for us', said Mr Lynn. 'There have been lots of initatives that we have put in to our various clubs, but we have brought them together in Norwich.'
There will be also be a room which will be set up for live bands as a gig venue.
For more information about gigs and events in Norwich, see our Going Out magazine every Friday or visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk
Are you setting up a new venue or business in Norwich? Email email@example.com