New Norwich comedy club to open next month
Bosses of a new Norwich nightclub which will bring a famous comedy brand, DJs and karaoke to the city next month say it will be like nothing the city has seen before .
The new �2m club Project, which has created 75 jobs, is hoping to hit the ground running with a series of launch parties and gigs at the end of next month.
A VIP launch is planned on February 24 where top rap artist Professor Green and Kiss 100 DJ EZ will be performing. It will be followed by a weekend where big names in the music industry will visit the city.
Project is set to open on the former Riverside Lava/Ignite nightclub site.
The new club is owned by the national entertainment chain Luminar Leisure brand which previously owned the Liquid nightclub on Prince of Wales Road. Stephen Lynn, head of brand for Luminar Leisure said: 'We have been in Norwich previously, but we have been away for a number of years and we have been looking for a chance to come back.
You may also want to watch:
'Norwich was a great destination for us to do that. When we came back we wanted to do it properly. We have come back with everything we've got.'
An under-18 night called Love Social will be held on February 23 before the official launch on February 24.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
Radio 1's Greg James is performing a set at Indie night Propoganda on February 25 and on Saturday 26 there will be a Kiss radio launch party with the popular Kiss 100 radio station breakfast show hosts.
The famous Jongleurs comedy night will hold its first gig on March 4 and will run every Friday and Saturday night from 7pm.
Go Go Karaoke has four private luxury booths which hold between five and 15 people.
'Project is going to be a club of the future for us', said Mr Lynn. 'There have been lots of initatives that we have put in to our various clubs, but we have brought them together in Norwich.'
There will be also be a room which will be set up for live bands as a gig venue.
For more information about gigs and events in Norwich, see our Going Out magazine every Friday or visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk
Are you setting up a new venue or business in Norwich? Email firstname.lastname@example.org