New Norfolk brewery needs just £100 to get off the ground
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Berries and fruit foraged from fields and hedgerows are being put to use at a new Norfolk brewery - to flavour its beer.
Business partners Mike Deal and Mark Goodman are launching Wildcraft Brewery, which they hope will come to rival Brewdog in its success.
And the duo are just £100 short of their crowdfund campaign to raise £20,000 to kick-start the business, which they will use to convert a barn in Hevingham into their new base.
Mr Deal, who works in education, said: 'I have been brewing for about five or six years. It started when I was walking my dogs and got bored, so I began picking the hedgerows.
'I tried brewing wine but it took too long, so I tried beer and it was a success.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Deal, 36, said he hoped the beer would be available in pubs, and would also be sold in bottles.
'We are determined to keep the philosophy of using as many foraged ingredients as possible,' said Mr Deal, of Old Costessey. 'Those we can't get through foraging will be sourced from local suppliers and growers.'
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 7 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 8 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 9 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 10 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
The brewery hosted its first tasting session in Norwich at Vudu on Prince of Wales Road last month to test their beers on more than 200 people in the country's City of Ale.
Mr Goodman, of Hevingham, said: 'The event was really well received and we got some positive feedback.
'Norwich has such a great beer scene and we're very lucky to be a part of it.'
To help the project reach its goal before the end of today visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/wildcraftbrewery