National nightclub chain to open new venue in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A national nightclub chain is set to open a new bar on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich.
Popworld, which has dozens of venues in towns and cities across the country, has plans to open a new nightclub in Norwich later this month.
Building work is currently underway at the premises on Prince of Wales Road, which used to be home to Fatso's, Essence and most recently Lost.
It states on the venue's Facebook page that the bar will be opening on Friday August 24 with a 'grand VIP launch party'.
And the following night there is set to be a live performance from Romanian pop duo the Cheeky Girls.
You may also want to watch:
Prince of Wales Road, which is known as the hub of Norwich nightlife, has undergone change recently
Mercy has closed, with Flaunt reopening and Rocco's being replaced with Bished.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
And Red Rock Café is set to open later this month. Its licensing application stated it would cater to over 35s.