National nightclub chain to open new venue in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A national nightclub chain is set to open a new bar on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich.
Popworld, which has dozens of venues in towns and cities across the country, has plans to open a new nightclub in Norwich later this month.
Building work is currently underway at the premises on Prince of Wales Road, which used to be home to Fatso's, Essence and most recently Lost.
It states on the venue's Facebook page that the bar will be opening on Friday August 24 with a 'grand VIP launch party'.
And the following night there is set to be a live performance from Romanian pop duo the Cheeky Girls.
Prince of Wales Road, which is known as the hub of Norwich nightlife, has undergone change recently
Mercy has closed, with Flaunt reopening and Rocco's being replaced with Bished.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 8 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 9 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 10 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
And Red Rock Café is set to open later this month. Its licensing application stated it would cater to over 35s.