New mayor for Wymondham
Stephanie BrooksA doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.Stephanie Brooks
A doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.
Colin Foulger was given the leading role during the council's annual general meeting on Tuesday.
Mr Foulger moved to Wymondham in 2002 and became the practice manager at the Windmill Surgery the following year. He had previously worked as a general manager at a company producing frozen pet food.
He was heavily involved in the relocation of the practice from its premises in Melton Road to a new purpose built surgery in London Road, which opened in August last year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Foulger was first elected as a Wymondham town councillor for the Rustens Ward in 2007 and has sat on the planning, lighting and highways committee.
He hopes to continue the work of the outgoing mayor Peter Broome, paying particular attention to the rejuvenation of Wymondham town centre by finding ways of encouraging tourism and new businesses, completing projects such as a new sports pavilion at Ketts Park and seeking a location for a new cemetery.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 8 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
His deputy mayor and new vice chairman of the council is Neil Ward.