New mayor for Wymondham
Stephanie BrooksA doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.Stephanie Brooks
A doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.
Colin Foulger was given the leading role during the council's annual general meeting on Tuesday.
Mr Foulger moved to Wymondham in 2002 and became the practice manager at the Windmill Surgery the following year. He had previously worked as a general manager at a company producing frozen pet food.
He was heavily involved in the relocation of the practice from its premises in Melton Road to a new purpose built surgery in London Road, which opened in August last year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Foulger was first elected as a Wymondham town councillor for the Rustens Ward in 2007 and has sat on the planning, lighting and highways committee.
He hopes to continue the work of the outgoing mayor Peter Broome, paying particular attention to the rejuvenation of Wymondham town centre by finding ways of encouraging tourism and new businesses, completing projects such as a new sports pavilion at Ketts Park and seeking a location for a new cemetery.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 10 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
His deputy mayor and new vice chairman of the council is Neil Ward.