New mayor for Wymondham
Stephanie BrooksA doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.Stephanie Brooks
A doctor's surgery manager has been elected as the Wymondham's new mayor and chairman of the town council.
Colin Foulger was given the leading role during the council's annual general meeting on Tuesday.
Mr Foulger moved to Wymondham in 2002 and became the practice manager at the Windmill Surgery the following year. He had previously worked as a general manager at a company producing frozen pet food.
He was heavily involved in the relocation of the practice from its premises in Melton Road to a new purpose built surgery in London Road, which opened in August last year.
Mr Foulger was first elected as a Wymondham town councillor for the Rustens Ward in 2007 and has sat on the planning, lighting and highways committee.
He hopes to continue the work of the outgoing mayor Peter Broome, paying particular attention to the rejuvenation of Wymondham town centre by finding ways of encouraging tourism and new businesses, completing projects such as a new sports pavilion at Ketts Park and seeking a location for a new cemetery.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 5 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 8 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 9 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 10 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
His deputy mayor and new vice chairman of the council is Neil Ward.