New Lidl near Norwich set to open next month
- Credit: Archant
A new budget supermarket near Norwich is due to open next month.
Plans for the Lidl store, on land north of Blue Boar Lane in Sprowston, were originally submitted in July 2016, with further details and a licensing application submitted to Broadland District Council in June this year.
At the time, planning papers said the store was 'due to open by the start of 2019', just a stone's throw away from the existing Tesco Extra.
You may also want to watch:
But the German chain confirmed on Wednesday that it would open in November - with a date set to be announced in the coming days.
The 18,000 square foot store will include 120 parking spaces, an in-store bakery and will create up to 40 jobs.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 8 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 All the roadworks to know about in Norwich this week
In January, Lidl announced it would be opening a store on the former Goff Petroleum Site on Aylsham Road - having just closed another supermarket just 400 metres down the road, on Copenhagen Way.