New Lidl near Norwich set to open next month
- Credit: Archant
A new budget supermarket near Norwich is due to open next month.
Plans for the Lidl store, on land north of Blue Boar Lane in Sprowston, were originally submitted in July 2016, with further details and a licensing application submitted to Broadland District Council in June this year.
At the time, planning papers said the store was 'due to open by the start of 2019', just a stone's throw away from the existing Tesco Extra.
You may also want to watch:
But the German chain confirmed on Wednesday that it would open in November - with a date set to be announced in the coming days.
The 18,000 square foot store will include 120 parking spaces, an in-store bakery and will create up to 40 jobs.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
In January, Lidl announced it would be opening a store on the former Goff Petroleum Site on Aylsham Road - having just closed another supermarket just 400 metres down the road, on Copenhagen Way.