New head for Norfolk high school
Matthew SparkesOld Buckenham High School once again has full time leadership this term as new headmaster Peter Whear takes the reins.Matthew Sparkes
Old Buckenham High School once again has full time leadership this term as new headmaster Peter Whear takes the reins.
The school had been without a head for several months last year when the previous holder of the position, Graham Hodson, took early retirement.
In September the school temporarily seconded Michael Rose, headmaster at Wayland Community School in Watton, as acting headmaster, and Mr Whear was appointed by governors in November.
He began in the job this week as students returned from the Christmas break, and he said he had a 'fantastic' first day.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whear, 44, was previously deputy head at Haling Manor in Croydon for six years before spending just three months at Ravens Wood School in Kent.
The new head said that he took the job because he saw that the school had 'real potential'.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 4 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 7 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 8 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 9 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 10 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
'As a school we have a motto, which is 'achieving excellence together',' he said. 'I've spoken to all the staff and the students and reminded them of that.'