New head for Norfolk high school
Matthew SparkesOld Buckenham High School once again has full time leadership this term as new headmaster Peter Whear takes the reins.Matthew Sparkes
Old Buckenham High School once again has full time leadership this term as new headmaster Peter Whear takes the reins.
The school had been without a head for several months last year when the previous holder of the position, Graham Hodson, took early retirement.
In September the school temporarily seconded Michael Rose, headmaster at Wayland Community School in Watton, as acting headmaster, and Mr Whear was appointed by governors in November.
He began in the job this week as students returned from the Christmas break, and he said he had a 'fantastic' first day.
Mr Whear, 44, was previously deputy head at Haling Manor in Croydon for six years before spending just three months at Ravens Wood School in Kent.
The new head said that he took the job because he saw that the school had 'real potential'.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 8 Mobility scooter trashed by hazardous wheelie bins
- 9 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 10 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
'As a school we have a motto, which is 'achieving excellence together',' he said. 'I've spoken to all the staff and the students and reminded them of that.'