New H&M store set to open in Norwich
High Street clothes store H&M has announced it is planning to open a second shop in Norwich, creating 20 new jobs.
The company, which already has a store in the Chapelfield Shopping Centre, has announced it plans to open another one in the same centre this autumn.
Bosses at H&M said the new Norwich store would complement its existing city store and would be one of 10 more opening in the UK and Ireland in the months ahead.
Magnus Olsson, H&M's country manager for the UK and Ireland, said: 'We are pleased to confirm that we will be opening our second H&M store in Norwich later this autumn.
'H&M is continuing to expand in the UK this autumn and, in fact, last week celebrated the opening of our 200th store in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
'This additional location in the Chapelfield Shopping Centre will enable us to bring an even wider selection of H&M's great value collections for the whole family to local shoppers.'
The move will create about 20 jobs, a mix of full- and part-time positions. The company has yet to reveal where in Chapelfield the new store will be. H&M has been present in the UK for 35 years, having opened its first UK store in the UK in 1976. It used to have a branch in The Mall, Norwich, before switching to Chapelfield.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
The new Norwich store is one of 10 confirmed new H&M stores opening in the UK and Republic of Ireland this autumn. H&M opened 10 new UK stores this spring.
Stefan Gurney, manager of the City Centre Partnership in Norwich, said: 'It's always good to have some positive news and this is a reflection of Norwich's top 10 retail status.
'It's another large business which is investing in the city and it's clearly performing well above average in Norwich and can see the economic value of being part of the city. The more businesses that invest in the city means more jobs and employment.'
Are you looking for a job? Make sure you get the Evening News on Wednesdays for our Jobs24 section and visit the website at www.jobs24.co.uk