New East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices shop will open in Norwich next year
- Credit: EACH
A new East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shop is opening in Norwich.
The former Budgen's supermarket on Plumstead Road will be home to the third EACH shop in the city. It is due to open on Thursday, January 11.
The new store will offer the same range of goods customers of current EACH shops are used to.
EACH has opened four shops across the region this year in Halesworth, Cherry Hinton, Fakenham and Saxmundham. It is set to open a fifth in Dereham this week, marking the 10th store in Norfolk.
Sarah Throssell, EACH shop acquisition manager, said: 'We're delighted plans are now well under way to extend our retail offering in Norwich. The signs are going up on the new premises this week and we hope lots of people will recognise the EACH brand from our other shops in Aylsham Road and Unthank Road as well as the work we do in the community.
You may also want to watch:
'As ever, when we open new shops we're on the lookout for good-quality donations. Perhaps those pesky unwanted Christmas presents, and volunteers to help us become successful.'
EACH is after donations of clean and good-quality goods to sell, including: clothing, bric-a-brac, modern paperbacks, toys, jewellery, DVDs and CDs, household liners, retro and vintage clothes and small electrical items. These can be dropped off at the new shop from Sunday, January 3.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
The charity also needs donations of good-quality furniture and can collect it free of charge if you are unable to transport it yourself. You can contact its Retail Distribution Centre on 01842 821620 for more information.
Just a small donation to EACH can make a difference to the vital work they do. A donation of clothing or goods could pay for art supplies for a session of art therapy, a nursing care kit, a support group for siblings and also an hour of specialist care.
In the past financial year, EACH shops generated a profit of more than £900,000, which all goes towards helping local families make the most of their precious time together.
If you would be interested in more information on volunteering at the new shop, please contact Sarah Throssell at email@example.com or by calling 07540 335680.