Children’s hospice charity opens new shop in Norwich with another due next month
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's Children's Hospices has opened a new shop in Norwich - and has announced that another will open next month.
The shop, on the former site of Budgens supermarket in Plumstead Road, brought in £665 in its first hour of trading.
The opening represents an exciting start to the new year for the charity, with another shop due to open in place of the Arthritis UK shop in Bowthorpe shopping centre on Thursday, February 15.
Sandy Creasy, Each shop manager, said: 'We had 16 helpers sign up at our recent volunteer open day and this incredible support from the nearby community appears to be continuing.
After the Bowthorpe shopping centre opening, Each's retail portfolio will consist of 28 shops, with 12 of those in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The Each shops are looking for donations of good-quality furniture and can collect free of charge if you are unable to transport it. Contact 01842 821620 for more information.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich