Children’s hospice charity opens new shop in Norwich with another due next month
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia's Children's Hospices has opened a new shop in Norwich - and has announced that another will open next month.
The shop, on the former site of Budgens supermarket in Plumstead Road, brought in £665 in its first hour of trading.
The opening represents an exciting start to the new year for the charity, with another shop due to open in place of the Arthritis UK shop in Bowthorpe shopping centre on Thursday, February 15.
Sandy Creasy, Each shop manager, said: 'We had 16 helpers sign up at our recent volunteer open day and this incredible support from the nearby community appears to be continuing.
After the Bowthorpe shopping centre opening, Each's retail portfolio will consist of 28 shops, with 12 of those in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The Each shops are looking for donations of good-quality furniture and can collect free of charge if you are unable to transport it. Contact 01842 821620 for more information.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus