New divorce workshop launched in Norwich, as figures show the city is sixth worst in country for marriage break-ups
- Credit: Archant
A national charity is setting up a new divorce workshop in Norwich as figures reveal that the city is the sixth worst in the country for marriage break-ups.
The Divorce Recovery Workshop is being launched in Norwich in April and is aimed at helping people recover and rebuild their lives after a relationship break-up.
It comes as new figures show that 1,775 couples filed for divorce at Norwich's combined court centre between October 2011 and September last year.
The figures were published by the Ministry of Justice to highlight the benefits of mediation, as Ministers prepare to remove legal aid for most civil disputes from April.
The co-ordinator for the Norwich course, which starts on Tuesday, April 9, from 7pm to 9pm, is Michele Curtis, who attended a DRW weekend in Devon after her marriage ended in January 2010.
She said: 'Although I had counselling and support from friends and family, I was still struggling to let go of my marriage and the past.
'Over two years had passed, I was still in pain and I had lost my confidence.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 6 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
'After attending that weekend, the difference in me was apparent to everyone, including my doctor. I am now smiling again, I've found real healing, my confidence has returned and I have hope for my future.'
To find out more call Michele Curtis on 07833 073015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.drw.org.uk
Are you starting a new charity in Norwich? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com