New divorce workshop launched in Norwich, as figures show the city is sixth worst in country for marriage break-ups
- Credit: Archant
A national charity is setting up a new divorce workshop in Norwich as figures reveal that the city is the sixth worst in the country for marriage break-ups.
The Divorce Recovery Workshop is being launched in Norwich in April and is aimed at helping people recover and rebuild their lives after a relationship break-up.
It comes as new figures show that 1,775 couples filed for divorce at Norwich's combined court centre between October 2011 and September last year.
The figures were published by the Ministry of Justice to highlight the benefits of mediation, as Ministers prepare to remove legal aid for most civil disputes from April.
The co-ordinator for the Norwich course, which starts on Tuesday, April 9, from 7pm to 9pm, is Michele Curtis, who attended a DRW weekend in Devon after her marriage ended in January 2010.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'Although I had counselling and support from friends and family, I was still struggling to let go of my marriage and the past.
'Over two years had passed, I was still in pain and I had lost my confidence.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
'After attending that weekend, the difference in me was apparent to everyone, including my doctor. I am now smiling again, I've found real healing, my confidence has returned and I have hope for my future.'
To find out more call Michele Curtis on 07833 073015 or email email@example.com or visit www.drw.org.uk
Are you starting a new charity in Norwich? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org