New crackdown on Norfolk rural crime
Kathryn CrossAn increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.Kathryn Cross
An increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.
Operation Bump is being carried out by officers from the Reepham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), bolstered by additional resources from the Special Constabulary.
The areas have seen an increase in thefts of tools, diesel and vehicles from premises.
Officers will be carrying out extra high visibility patrols on foot and by patrol car, targeting known suspects and offering previous victims of crime free security marking solution, such as SelectaDNA.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Kevin Jervis said: 'Residents and local businesses should be reassured that we are doing all we can to catch those responsible, but ask that they remain vigilant and ensure their property and premises are secure at all times.
'If anyone sees anything or anyone acting suspiciously, please report it to police immediately.'
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 4 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 5 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 6 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 9 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 10 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
To improve your home/business security, or to request a free crime prevention survey, contact the local SNT on 0845 456 4567. For more information about policing in your area, visit www.norfolk.police.uk.