New crackdown on Norfolk rural crime
Kathryn CrossAn increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.Kathryn Cross
An increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.
Operation Bump is being carried out by officers from the Reepham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), bolstered by additional resources from the Special Constabulary.
The areas have seen an increase in thefts of tools, diesel and vehicles from premises.
Officers will be carrying out extra high visibility patrols on foot and by patrol car, targeting known suspects and offering previous victims of crime free security marking solution, such as SelectaDNA.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Kevin Jervis said: 'Residents and local businesses should be reassured that we are doing all we can to catch those responsible, but ask that they remain vigilant and ensure their property and premises are secure at all times.
'If anyone sees anything or anyone acting suspiciously, please report it to police immediately.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 6 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
To improve your home/business security, or to request a free crime prevention survey, contact the local SNT on 0845 456 4567. For more information about policing in your area, visit www.norfolk.police.uk.