New crackdown on Norfolk rural crime
Kathryn CrossAn increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.Kathryn Cross
An increase in thefts in Cawston and Foulsham has prompted police in Reepham to launch a new operation targeting rural crime.
Operation Bump is being carried out by officers from the Reepham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), bolstered by additional resources from the Special Constabulary.
The areas have seen an increase in thefts of tools, diesel and vehicles from premises.
Officers will be carrying out extra high visibility patrols on foot and by patrol car, targeting known suspects and offering previous victims of crime free security marking solution, such as SelectaDNA.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Kevin Jervis said: 'Residents and local businesses should be reassured that we are doing all we can to catch those responsible, but ask that they remain vigilant and ensure their property and premises are secure at all times.
'If anyone sees anything or anyone acting suspiciously, please report it to police immediately.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
To improve your home/business security, or to request a free crime prevention survey, contact the local SNT on 0845 456 4567. For more information about policing in your area, visit www.norfolk.police.uk.