New child care business in Taverham is a success
The opening of a new childcare business in Taverham has been a dream come true for its owner after originally being turned down for finance.
Debbie Casanova had always hoped to start her own nursery and after securing a loan from community finance organisation, Foundation East, her long wait ended and plans to launch DND Childcare, based on Beech Avenue, off Fakenham Road, began.
Mrs Casanova said: 'After the banks turned me down I was feeling a bit deflated to be honest.
'But when I spoke to a friend about it he recommended Foundation East to me.'
Mrs Casanova, who had worked as a childminder for 14 years and before that as a nursery worker, was accepted for a loan from the organisation 13 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
It allowed her to move the business from her home into larger premises and take on more children.
The nursery is now at capacity, with 44 on the books. They have recently taken on their seventh member of staff and are looking to expand even further.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
Mrs Casanova said: 'The area we are in is really great, the schools are good and they all know us. We had a waiting list when we were based at my home in Thorpe Marriott and now we have one here, so we're hoping to start up another nursery.'
Chief executive of Foundation East, Katy Ford, said: 'In the case of DND Childcare we saw a business opportunity which would help Debbie earn enough money and create employment in her area.
'As well as this we saw the benefit of a good reliable childcare service in her area.'
The name DND stands for Debbie, Nanny and Danielle. It comes from Mrs Casanova's mother, who the children call 'Nanny', who helps out at the nursery, and Danielle Male, who is Mrs Casanova's soon to be daughter-in-law.
For more information visit about the nursery visit dndchildcare.co.uk or call 01603 864411.
Have you recently had business success in your local area? Contact business reporter Sam Williams on 01603 772447 or email email@example.com