New business creates 30 Norwich jobs
Sam EmanuelA home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.Sam Emanuel
A home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.
Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.
Chris Carter, who set up the new division last month, said he was looking to take on 30 members of staff during 2010 to provide care to a growing list of clients.
Visits are a minimum of one hour long and services are tailored to individual needs, and can include companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping duties, medication reminders, shopping and errands.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter is a former community pharmacist who more recently worked in the IT sector.
The US based company, founded in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1994, has 800 franchise offices in 12 countries, including in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
The first UK franchise was set up in October 2005, and globally the company employs 50,000 carers.
Mr Carter, a father-of-one who lives in Norwich, added: 'I enjoy working with people in the local community and this new role allows me to give something back in the place where I live.
'The opportunity with Home Instead allows me to help others and I am delighted to be working with such an innovative company which is looking to change the way care is delivered in the UK.'
t Is your business creating new jobs? Call Evening News business reporter Sam Williams on 01603 772447 or email email@example.com.