New business creates 30 Norwich jobs
Sam EmanuelA home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.Sam Emanuel
A home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.
Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.
Chris Carter, who set up the new division last month, said he was looking to take on 30 members of staff during 2010 to provide care to a growing list of clients.
Visits are a minimum of one hour long and services are tailored to individual needs, and can include companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping duties, medication reminders, shopping and errands.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter is a former community pharmacist who more recently worked in the IT sector.
The US based company, founded in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1994, has 800 franchise offices in 12 countries, including in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 8 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Former Laurence, Scott & Electromotors staff invited to July 30 reunion
The first UK franchise was set up in October 2005, and globally the company employs 50,000 carers.
Mr Carter, a father-of-one who lives in Norwich, added: 'I enjoy working with people in the local community and this new role allows me to give something back in the place where I live.
'The opportunity with Home Instead allows me to help others and I am delighted to be working with such an innovative company which is looking to change the way care is delivered in the UK.'
t Is your business creating new jobs? Call Evening News business reporter Sam Williams on 01603 772447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.