New business creates 30 Norwich jobs
Sam EmanuelA home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.Sam Emanuel
A home care business is set to create 30 jobs after setting up a new Norfolk operation.
Home Instead Senior Care, which offers support to the elderly in their own homes, has established a franchise at Vulcan Road North, in Hellesdon, near Norwich.
Chris Carter, who set up the new division last month, said he was looking to take on 30 members of staff during 2010 to provide care to a growing list of clients.
Visits are a minimum of one hour long and services are tailored to individual needs, and can include companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping duties, medication reminders, shopping and errands.
Mr Carter is a former community pharmacist who more recently worked in the IT sector.
The US based company, founded in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1994, has 800 franchise offices in 12 countries, including in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 8 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 9 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 10 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
The first UK franchise was set up in October 2005, and globally the company employs 50,000 carers.
Mr Carter, a father-of-one who lives in Norwich, added: 'I enjoy working with people in the local community and this new role allows me to give something back in the place where I live.
'The opportunity with Home Instead allows me to help others and I am delighted to be working with such an innovative company which is looking to change the way care is delivered in the UK.'
t Is your business creating new jobs? Call Evening News business reporter Sam Williams on 01603 772447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.