New Brownies unit hopes to form in Hoveton and Wroxham area
A new Brownies group is hoping to be formed in the Hoveton and Wroxham area and is looking for young girls who would be interested in joining.
The new Brownies unit would be for girls aged 7-10 years and is hoping to form later this year.
Hautbois district commissioner Kate Hill explained: 'At the moment we have seven girls who aren't in Guiding and would like to join a Brownies unit but at least 12 are needed to make a new unit viable.
'Girls can participate in a wide range of activities at their regular meetings, and at special events, day trips, sleepovers and holidays.
'They can find themselves trying out arts and crafts or recipes, playing energetic games, taking part in community action projects, or zooming down zip wires. There are also lots of badges Brownies can work towards.'
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the prospective new Brownies unit, or any other Girlguiding unit in the area, please call Kate Hill on 01603 722665.
For more information visit www.girlguiding.org.uk by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich