New Brownies unit hopes to form in Hoveton and Wroxham area
A new Brownies group is hoping to be formed in the Hoveton and Wroxham area and is looking for young girls who would be interested in joining.
The new Brownies unit would be for girls aged 7-10 years and is hoping to form later this year.
Hautbois district commissioner Kate Hill explained: 'At the moment we have seven girls who aren't in Guiding and would like to join a Brownies unit but at least 12 are needed to make a new unit viable.
'Girls can participate in a wide range of activities at their regular meetings, and at special events, day trips, sleepovers and holidays.
'They can find themselves trying out arts and crafts or recipes, playing energetic games, taking part in community action projects, or zooming down zip wires. There are also lots of badges Brownies can work towards.'
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the prospective new Brownies unit, or any other Girlguiding unit in the area, please call Kate Hill on 01603 722665.
For more information visit www.girlguiding.org.uk by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 6 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 7 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals