New boys march into the last four
VETERANS: Newcomers Sprowston Wanderers, from the fourth division, defeated second division Horsford away in their delayed League Shield quarter-final tie by three clear goals, from John Blake, Jon Coote and Aaron Donelly.
Newcomers Sprowston Wanderers, from the fourth division, defeated second division Horsford away in their delayed League Shield quarter-final tie by three clear goals, from John Blake, Jon Coote and Aaron Donelly. They travel to Ipswich-based FC Fore Hamlet on Sunday in the semi-final.
The winners will take on Second Division Gt Yarmouth Postals who edged home 2-1 against Mulbarton Wanderers in the other semi-final at Bradwell. Scorers were Colin Danby and Richard Stokes with Carl Cooper replying for the Third Division visitors.
In the Premier Division Bungay and leaders Kirkley & Pakefield fought out an exciting 2-2 draw at Maltings Meadow. Jon Sturman and Adi Lee netted in the first-half but it wasn't until the final four minutes that Gary Boyd put the visitors in front only for leading scorer Kevin Ellis to level in the dying seconds.
In Division One Costessey lost ground at the top following their heavy 5-1 defeat at Whitton Utd.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two (East) leaders Griffin were held 2-2 by City rivals Spixworth Utd at Thorpe. Colin Ncube and Ian Whalebelly were on target for the home side with Ashley Birks and Peter Marron replying. Aylsham Black Boys leapfogged over visitors Watton Utd to head the Division Three (North) table after being 3-1 down with twenty minutes remaining. Scorers in their 6-3 victory were Colin Emberley and Darren Nichols with a brace each and Stuart Nee and James Nichols with one apiece.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 4 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 5 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 6 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco