New book highlights disabled-friendly Norfolk attractions
Kate ScotterFour Norfolk attractions feature in a new guide highlighting the most accessible places to visit in Britain.Kate Scotter
Four Norfolk attractions feature in a new guide highlighting the most accessible places to visit in Britain.
The new Rough Guide to Accessible Britain has been released this month and includes Sheringham Park, Blickling Hall Gardens and Park, the Bure Valley Railway and Norwich's Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
The guide, which is free to Blue Badge holders, offers details of days out in the UK for people with disabilities by showcasing the attractions that make an effort to be inclusive.
Lara Masters, writer for The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain, said: 'I love gallivanting around the UK, but as a wheelchair-user, I don't enjoy the boring and difficult task of finding out if places are accessible.
You may also want to watch:
'The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain makes getting out and about easy for people with disabilities ensuring that fun and excitement are the order of the day.'
The guide features 180 reviews of attractions throughout Britain and for the first time includes information on top places to eat near featured venues.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 5 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 8 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
Blue Badge and Disabled Persons Railcard holders can order their free copy of the guide from www.accessibleguide.co.uk or call 0800 953 7070.