New book highlights disabled-friendly Norfolk attractions
Kate ScotterFour Norfolk attractions feature in a new guide highlighting the most accessible places to visit in Britain.Kate Scotter
Four Norfolk attractions feature in a new guide highlighting the most accessible places to visit in Britain.
The new Rough Guide to Accessible Britain has been released this month and includes Sheringham Park, Blickling Hall Gardens and Park, the Bure Valley Railway and Norwich's Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
The guide, which is free to Blue Badge holders, offers details of days out in the UK for people with disabilities by showcasing the attractions that make an effort to be inclusive.
Lara Masters, writer for The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain, said: 'I love gallivanting around the UK, but as a wheelchair-user, I don't enjoy the boring and difficult task of finding out if places are accessible.
You may also want to watch:
'The Rough Guide to Accessible Britain makes getting out and about easy for people with disabilities ensuring that fun and excitement are the order of the day.'
The guide features 180 reviews of attractions throughout Britain and for the first time includes information on top places to eat near featured venues.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
Blue Badge and Disabled Persons Railcard holders can order their free copy of the guide from www.accessibleguide.co.uk or call 0800 953 7070.