New art collection goes on show in Norwich
A new art collection called Mesh Collective has opened in the city.
Local bands Olympians and Hello Bear played acoustic sets and were joined by Free King DJs for the opening of the collection of poster designs on Thursday evening. The images have been hand-made and screen-printed at Stew Print Rooms on Fishergate.
The collection is being hosted at the Art in the Underbelly gallery beneath The Rumsey Wells pub on St Andrew's Street. The 'Mesh Collective' has been brought together by artists Jo Stafford, Vicki Johnson, Richard Horne, Daryl Williams and Tim Wall.
Mr Wall was really pleased with the collection's opening night, saying: 'The opening night was a real success, our free goody bags didn't last very long! Lots of people and some awesome music from Free King Sound, Hello Bear and Olympians made it a really good night, and something that we will be hoping to repeat again soon.
'The show is a mix of band posters, illustration work and typography, all displayed together under the common theme of it all being screenprinted.'
You may also want to watch:
The collection will stay on show until Friday April 1 at Art in the Underbelly, which is open Monday to Friday between midday and 3pm, and Saturdays between midday and 5pm.
For latest arts and entertainment news read the Going Out section in Friday's Evening News or visit www. eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich