Castle Mall transformed into combat zone for Nerf battle
- Credit: Robert Bradley/Castle Mall
Sharp-shooting adults and children turned Norwich's Castle Mall into a battlezone as an innovative new event was trialled behind closed doors.
The first ever Nerf Battle took place at the mall on Saturday night, with its hallways transformed into a combat area.
Participants took cover behind tables, wheely bins and promotional pods, took aim, and fired away.
The event was put on after a promotion by toy store, The Entertainer, sparked the idea.
Robert Bradley, centre manager, said the Nerf event - the guns fire foam 'bullets' - was a great success.
'We are always looking to have fun and give people another reason to visit Castle Mall. The Entertainer were promoting their Nerf products and we thought it would be a great idea to have a battle in the mall.
'The initial battle was limited to 14 people to see how it worked.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 8 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 9 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 10 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
'It was such a success we will definitely consider more Nerf events in the future,' he said.