Castle Mall transformed into combat zone for Nerf battle
- Credit: Robert Bradley/Castle Mall
Sharp-shooting adults and children turned Norwich's Castle Mall into a battlezone as an innovative new event was trialled behind closed doors.
The first ever Nerf Battle took place at the mall on Saturday night, with its hallways transformed into a combat area.
Participants took cover behind tables, wheely bins and promotional pods, took aim, and fired away.
The event was put on after a promotion by toy store, The Entertainer, sparked the idea.
Robert Bradley, centre manager, said the Nerf event - the guns fire foam 'bullets' - was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
'We are always looking to have fun and give people another reason to visit Castle Mall. The Entertainer were promoting their Nerf products and we thought it would be a great idea to have a battle in the mall.
'The initial battle was limited to 14 people to see how it worked.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
'It was such a success we will definitely consider more Nerf events in the future,' he said.