Castle Mall transformed into combat zone for Nerf battle
- Credit: Robert Bradley/Castle Mall
Sharp-shooting adults and children turned Norwich's Castle Mall into a battlezone as an innovative new event was trialled behind closed doors.
The first ever Nerf Battle took place at the mall on Saturday night, with its hallways transformed into a combat area.
Participants took cover behind tables, wheely bins and promotional pods, took aim, and fired away.
The event was put on after a promotion by toy store, The Entertainer, sparked the idea.
Robert Bradley, centre manager, said the Nerf event - the guns fire foam 'bullets' - was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
'We are always looking to have fun and give people another reason to visit Castle Mall. The Entertainer were promoting their Nerf products and we thought it would be a great idea to have a battle in the mall.
'The initial battle was limited to 14 people to see how it worked.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
'It was such a success we will definitely consider more Nerf events in the future,' he said.