Navy blue is the colour
Banish the winter blues by updating your wardrobe with this season's must-have colour – navy, says EMMA HARROWING
Blue is the colour this winter and we're not talking about your frost-bitten fingers and toes. The shops are full of blue coloured clothes from the military winter coat to shoes and accessories. It seems that if you want to get your wardrobe ship-shape you need to get on board the blue trend.
And we are not talking any blue, if you really want to wear the colour of the season there is only one shade of blue you should go for – navy.
Navy should be seen as a neutral such as black, a colour that you can wear with any other colour for any occasion.
The added advantage is that unlike black, which can be harsh and ageing, navy is softer on your complexion, making it a colour that most people can easily wear.
You may also want to watch:
Choose from a navy coat, navy tops, navy jumpers and navy accessories. You can also update your Christmas party dress, by ditching the ageing little black dress or a little navy dress instead.
Click on the link above right to see some of the fabulous navy items we love in the city's shops…
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 6 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 10 What are your memories of Castle Quarter?